2.23.2006

Water Water Everywhere....

I have a few ideas for "animating" the water, and may end up using all of them in different spots, depending on the shot. For the pier shots, I can basically build an attachment that will slide into the set, just below the pier, separating it from the underwater set by a flat surface painted green that I can later remove digitally to add the appearance of a watery surface. This way I can set up a shot, capture once with the underwater floor visible, slide in the greenscreen, and capture again. Ideally two identical frames, one with greenscreen, one without. Theoretical at this point I guess, but it would give me more freedom to experiment in post-production without having to "reshoot" anything. Definitely something to consider in set design.
For the shoreline watery shots, I am thinking about constructing a surface to physically animate...a big piece of wire mesh coated with small green balls of clay...pond scum....then I can animate "waves" in the wire mesh...
As for the underwater camera shots, I can add some layered shadows and tones, streaming bubbles or debris, and wavy effects in post-production also. The key to these scenes will be properly animating the seaweed to give it an underwater, flowy feel. Muted and echo-y sound effects will help too.

1 comment:

Ale said...

Water and StopMotion don't seem to get along each other...Not compatible at all...just like smoke...
Anyway, let's see how it goes! Hope it turns out fine!
Ale StopMotion