4.19.2006

Fish Test


Watch the video

This is the first time I've rigged anything, the first time I've had to photoshop each frame...took longer than I would've liked, and could look better if I had spent more time with it, but since this is only a test...the quick shot of the fish is something that I may incorporate into the story...its an idea that I have that may end up on the cutting room floor because it kind of cuts right into a main action sequence...almost like the coin purse bit during the dogfight in Were-Rabbit...I'll know more after scripting, storyboarding, etc...

Here's a pic of my setup for this shot...

4 comments:

Darkstrider said...

Hey, that came out great! You might have saved yourself having to photoshop it by just having a piece of wire stick up through the crack between the boards right behind the fish... his body could have kept it hidden the entire time.

But it really does look cool! It's always awesome to see a stopmo puppet defy gravity like that.

Ubatuber said...

Yeah, I think Buster's recent defiance of gravity was the inspiration for this test! And as for the fish rig , all I have to say is....D'OH!....live and learn, that's me...always seem to go the long way around...(not that I won't need the stopmophotoshop practice)

sven said...

Ooooh... I like the idea of this showing up during the climax! --Not that I know what you had in mind -- but my immediate thought was: this is a juxtapose with the girl, to show how helpless she is as she tries to escape Jenny.

Helpless fish out of water = little girl also about to take her last breath. :-D

Ubatuber said...

Yeah, yeah...juxtaposition rocks...another little thought i had, the final shot may be the girl's scarf sinking below the surface, and as it goes, we see a tag with the girls name on it, like the tape on the robot...bad girl takes robot, bad witch takes girl...
the fish scene would also be part of the pressure release of the 'hiss', as all of the oozing is happening, we see Jenny's other eye twitching, starting to open, something slowly starts to emerge, and is suddenly squeezed out and plops onto the pier......fish bowl skull....