4.21.2006

Help Fund an Ambitious Animation Project

Hey, this all looks very familiar...until I devote some time to sprucing up my blog template a bit, lemme just put this right here so you don't forget about it...

Movies are a large part of my life. Since graduating from Tulane in 2000, I have spent a great deal of time working on screenplays, designing characters, conceiving stories...dreaming of making a film of my own...I have notebooks of ideas, and no way to vent them without actors, and locations, and equipment...and then I discovered the thrills of Stop-Motion animation. Everything I need is right there at my fingertips...the vision and the drive to create...I feel as though it is the culmination of an entire life's worth of artistic discovery...painting, sculpting, filming, acting, set design, lighting, it's all on me...and I like it that way...

But unfortunately, it doesn't pay the bills. Working a full-time job takes a lot out of a person, and sometimes the REAL work, the artwork, suffers. Until I get that creative film job I'm always after, I am what Phil Dale would call a "grafter"...check his blog to see what I mean ;)...Phil Dale is a man with a mission, a professional animator (Corpse Bride, Monkeybone) trying to make a go of his own project in the UK...and to raise funding, he's started a site called Fund My Short, an innovative and inspirational attempt to remain a "crafter"...check out the site, give him a bit of time, and if you can, $$$...

2 comments:

Darkstrider said...

Hey, nice! Give up the love for a master of the craft! You ought to make a permanent link for FundMyShort so future visitors will see it.

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»