5.30.2006

Jenny II, Breast Test....

OK....added some (emaciated vestiges of) breasts to Jenny, and now...I'm just not sure....what do you folks think? Boobs or no boobs? ...tried just one and it was worse than not having any, seemed if I were gonna give her breasts, I should go all the way...sculpted them first on the Jenny I torso, then carefully removed them and put them on Jenny II (the world's first successful breast transplant?), blended them a bit at the edges, so they would be easy to remove if I should decide to....it would be great to do a couple of test clips right now to see how they look on film (this is getting a bit perverse isn't it?)...she will have seaweed draped about so its not like they'll be floppin' around in the wind, however I'd still like to see how they look in a clip...but alas.........got some thinkin' to do...may try to set up some fake screencaps, with moody lighting etc....
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

...worked on the shoulders/neck some too, stop staring at her chest, she's a bit self-conscious............and she'll eat you...

6 comments:

mefull said...

I like what you have going so far. I think it adds to the character to have breasts. If it were me I think I would make them just a little more emaciated and especially make the nipple less pronounced. When you compare how much the rib cage is showing, it doesn’t seem right to have so much flesh left in the breast area. Overall I would say keep them compared to no breasts. That’s my 2 cents.

herself said...

Shelley votes for the Jenny breasts. Her reasoning is that it makes the character more recognizable as female to those that don't already know the Jenny legend. And that it follws the half skeletal/flesh form more truly. Shelley doesn't know why she's typing in the third person.

sven said...

Me, I think the breasts work well. Like Mark, I had a gut impression that the nipples are pronounced... But then, when modeling, exageration's often a good thing. I have a suspicion that if you leave them as-is, the paint job may blend them in more.

There's an extent to which I sense (at this point in the process) that not all of the body parts quite match. The shoulders look to me like muscles without skin; the ribcage looks like bare bones; the breasts look like emaciated skin. That said, I think the sculpt is really coming together nicely...

I particularly like the area where the femur locks into the pelvis. Yowza! The curves and the shadows are (horribly) luscious.

Thank you for sharing the progress!

...Oh -- and I like the refinement on the neck a lot, too! With those well-defined tendons, I had a momentary vision of her neck being about 1.5 times longer. I'm not sure if that would work out in actuality... But I just had this picture of making Jenny really sinuous... Spidery, almost. (Feel free to ignore.)

Ubatuber said...

...I am going to give her a bit of a breast reduction, thanks for pointing out the size issue mefull....makes sense, and I think that may be what's bugging me about them....

as for matching parts up, a lot of that will be accomplished with the paintjob...and hopefully with a consistent layer of texturing over the whole sculpt (a mix of bunched up plastic wrap for wrinkles and strips of fine wire mesh for scales)......I think it'll read better when she's all painted up...

sinuous is good, gonna test out a longer neck, particularly keeping in mind that she will spend a lot of time in a 'push-ups' type of pose, legs sort of limply dragging, arms doing most of the work, head up at an awkward angle....so I may need the extra neck space to acheive that sort of "Juon" crawl that I'm going for...again, if only I could run her through some tests....

Darkstrider said...

My first instinct was the same as Marks... too much meat! They need to be total danglyfloppers! Personally I don't think I'd go with a longer neck, the rest of it looks pretty realistic.

She's really coming along great!

And Shelley, don't feel bad... I always speak of you in the third person too! Or sometimes the second. One time I spoke of you in the 4th person, man that was a strange day!

Ubatuber said...

...danglyfloppers....hee