6.20.2006

Ready...Set...

Today was a good day for the sets.

I dressed up the farkled cabin and made it a farkled bait shop.

Built some trees with my easy messy tree factory (more on that soon).

Made another "tree island"/mass of mossy land with one tree attached.

Made two separate free-standing trees.

The new trees remain unpainted, plaster still drying, so I'll post about the new 'island' and tree factory in a few days. For now let's talk about...


............the Bait Shop.............

The stone wall at the base of the shop is partly a latex skin from a clay mold of 'cobblestones' and partly paintjob (the latex covers the top parts, about 3 bricks down, the paintjob continues the pattern but fades out of view)...

...our old floppin' fishy friend is mounted over the door...

...theres hooks and nets and fishing poles, more details coming soon....

8 comments:

herself said...

Wooo!!! These things are looking fabulous!!! I wanna know about the magic tree factory!!! huh huh huh?

Darkstrider said...

...farkled?

Ubatuber said...

Thanks Shelley, more on the trees soon :)

...farkled, yeah, made up word that I use a lot, sorry....kind of a cross between fucked and gnarly...decrepit...rotten & grungy...farkled :P

herself said...

"We all HATE Jeffery" T-shirts?

mefull said...

Wow that is wicked good! That bait shop looks soo great - I love the little details.

I get the feeling that you are still tweaking it, but the lighting on the B&W image is fantastic.

Drop in a painted background and you are there!

I don't Hate Jeffery, I will steal a line from Cartman at his tea party.

Jeffery - you are strong and brave and true!

OK I hate him too, where's my T-shirt.

Ale said...

Expect a 'We all HATE Jeffrey' theme song soon....and I think E! Entertainment Television is editing the '101 reasons to hate Jeffrey Roche' xD

Seriously....everything's looking awesome!

I feel like watching the behind the scenes of the film Burton never made :D

Congrats man

Ubatuber said...

Thanks everybody!

Hey, hows that theme song gonna sound? Big Band? Retro pastiche?

sven said...

Like something halfway between "Pee-Wee's Big Adventure" and "The Grudge", I should think... ;-)