7.16.2006

The Amazing Screw-On Head

My weekend of animation looks to be postponed until next week as I havent had time to do much of anything in the last few days.
Meanwhile over at the Sci-Fi Channel's website, they've posted the entire pilot episode for the animated version of Mike Mignola's comic, Amazing Screw-On Head. I love Mignola's work, and this cartoon excellently brings his artwork, and his sense of humor, to life. Plus it has great characters. This viewing is actually supposed to be part of a contest, 'You decide which show gets a full season', that kind of thing. So go watch, then take the survey to make sure we get more...Check it out here...

4 comments:

herself said...

I went to see it and even took the survey to support who you like. It was expertly directed to be sure. Not my idea of anything but then I am much older and not the target demo for such a thing. There's such a thing as a modern sense of humor. It changes with each generation. Plus I don't know a thing about Lovecraft--So, I'm out right there.

Ubatuber said...

Thanks Shelley, every vote counts! I love the way Mignola creates shadows, just big black blobs of inky sentient space, and yet its very simplistic in a way, idealized...
Lovecraft is an excellent author. The best of his work usually involves a lone protagonist stumbling upon some great cosmic 'monster' or race of beings, who have been here with us all along...usually in deserted places in the earth, the antarctic, the desert...very cosmic in its horror...I almost feel while I'm reading as if Lovecraft knew something that we don't, something about our history as a species and the history of the planet...thats the power of his ability as a writer...

Darkstrider said...

Here's just about everything he ever wrote (lots of them are very short for instant gartificaton type reading): Dagonbytes - just in case you feel the urge to read some truly cosmic horror (yeah... that's gonna happen, right??!) ; )

herself said...

prolly not ;-*