7.12.2006

Nola 2 Scarfed

I am about to start grass-and-mossing up a big piece of pegboard, so I won't have to confine my walks to a small straight line anymore :)...this weekend should be all about animation, full sets (well, what I have so far I mean) and Nola 2 (though sadly still Jenny-puppet deprived)...
Here's my latest pic, made the scarf from an old sweater-y shirt that was ribbed, perfect texture. I cut the bottom strip, the waistline of the shirt, so there would be a seam on one side, then ran a wire through it, which you can see in the pic if you look for it....after stretching it out, I coated the scarf in thinned latex, thin enough so the material would absorb the liquid, instead of it sitting on top...drybrushed it with black paint, then went back over with the white stripes. The reverse side has more solid black stripes but I prefer the subtle side.

I still want to add something to the boots, and try painting a layer of latex on her face, so she's not quite done......yet...

4 comments:

Ale said...

Hey!
Ok, now Nola made it to my desktop background pic!
It's REALLY good man!

The only thing is that maybe in b/w the other side of the scarf will look better....you should try it first...

Also about the grassing: be carefull and stick every tiny thingy to the floor! or it'll look totally jumpy when you animate it and accidentaly move 'grass' around (that is if you're not just painting the grass, which is something Mr. Texture will never do xD )

See ya

herself said...

I am so totally hating you right now.

Darkstrider said...

.... Where's her hat? She could catch her death.......

; )

Ubatuber said...

no hats...no interferin' wit dem pigtails...though I did consider earmuffs, and maybe doing something wonky with sound...she could be oblivious to the obligatory horror film 'eerie sounds', until the muffs come off...

And the grass....or as Mike called it, 'wagging vegetation'...I took my little sample walk-strip, that Ive been using for tests, and tried out the Elmers/water spray...it definitely worked, as I cut my hand on a piece of protruding moss :o...next time I'll water down the glue a bit more :)