8.27.2006

The Best Tree Yet...


Spent some time this weekend making more trees, these ones will bolt directly to the set in the foreground, and they'll have mossy bottoms (sounds like a cajun call-girl :) and some hints of roots....

...Haven't rigged the 'tie-downs' or roots yet but when I do I'll post a pic...

...I started experimenting a little more with the plaster layer, used a brush to dab and drag plaster after I applied the cloth and wrinkled it, which gave me much more detail and barkiness...

This one to the right is my best tree yet...

You'll hopefully see these in action soon, as I plan on using them for a Sept30 StopMoShorts entry...which I'll blog about 'in-progress', 'cause we saw what happened with the Pandora blog after the film was completed....I just lost steam...let's try it this way now :) More later...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great tree, Jeffrey.

...A trick I saw while I was working at (you know where): If the tree is based around a hollow tube, like PVC pipe or a cardboard mailing tube, then you can tear off a bit of sponge rubber and stick it in the hole at the top to simulate a the broken end of a stump. Paint appropriately

You're using flanel and plaster, as I recall... Hardware mesh also seems to works nicely as a base for the plaster.

herself said...

Looks fantastic, Jeffery. Rock on, can't wait to see your clip!

Ubatuber said...

Thank you Shelley :) 30 days til its due....Thanks for the 'inside tip' Sven :) I'll have to try it out...