9.08.2006

"Widow" - Arranging the Set

Spent the better part of the night dismantling and remantling the forest set to fit my storyboards...placed the campfire logs and added the rock border, but now I think I want to move it over to the left a bit...


Then I started experimenting with lighting. I really want to introduce a sort of character driven lighting here, bathing Pepper in red light, and signaling her approach with a red glow that follows her as she makes her way to the Doc....I think I can pull it off...That's three lights so far, the moving Pepper-red lamp, the moving campfire lamp, and a third, constant light source to kind of make everything flow together better...


11 comments:

herself said...

Woo. Scary scary good!

Ubatuber said...

Thanks Shelley...

OK, anybody see anything wrong with the pics in this post? Pepper should be completely in focus in the last one, and there shouldn't be streaks in the first...I see streaks...problems with posting pics through blogger now?...ugh....I think its almost time for a new computer...

Anonymous said...

Hm. I'm not seeing the problems you describe. I wonder if it's a browser issue...?

sven said...

That was me speaking. Sorry.

Darkstrider said...

Not seeing problems either... only atmospheric creepy goodness.

mefull said...

I don't know what kind of lights you are using. but look into getting some "blackwrap" It's just thick black aluminum foil really. Any stage lighting store will have it.

You can make a snoot (tube) from the blackwrap and I think you will have a lot more control over the light spill.

Cool effect with pepper all in red.
I don't see any streaks when I view it.

Ale said...

Looks fine for me!
Excelent work dude!

herself said...

No streaks for me and the Doc pup is looking way award winning.

Michael Granberry said...

The pics look great from here, no flaws I can see...oh, and I want to come work with you! :)

herself said...

I know, wouldn't it be great to all work together?! Man o man. Everyone bringing their unique area of talent speciality to a project. I think about how nice that would be often. IF we could all agree on what we wanted to say and how we were going to say it. I think that'd be the only real difficulty. That, and where the project would be. And of course how we could live and eat. At least we have the web.

herself said...

Dude, did you see the campfire idea link I put over at my place? A Jeffery version of that might look mighty sweet in that forest. Check it out.