9.26.2006

"Widow" - Filming, Four Days to Go...

Still truckin', and lovin' it...The Pepper-red lighting turned out to be not so difficult, I've had to tweak some things in post, over-saturate the red, but its looking good. Working on this film has taught me a lot...above all I've learned the power of the editing room....I've had to build a few ghetto quickie-on-the-spot rigs, I've had to do puppet repairs mid-scene and pulled it off...I've been assaulted by an angry cockroach (I did a funny dance!) and had a superglue accident that left me firm in the belief that I will never ever have my chest waxed...
...the Pandora short was mostly me stumbling around in the dark, but with this one, I feel like I'm starting to find my voice as a filmmaker...not that Pandora didn't have 'me' all over it, but you know what I mean...it's these little films, the experience I gain, that will ultimately make 'Jenny Greenteeth' a great short...
Here's a couple of caps...

I'm at about 1 min 45 sec out of 2 min 15 sec, so far its 6MB, I'm guessing a final file size of 10MB...I work the rest of the week so its gonna be tough 'scheduling the shoots'...makes me feel like I'm in college again, cramming...maybe next round I'll make the short in the middle month so I can sit on it for a few weeks and tweak it before uploading...I doubt that could actually happen with the way I procrastinate :) I had to stop for awhile tonight to watch the big game, I'm not typically a football fan but it was the first home game played in the rebuilt-Superdome since Katrina so pretty much everybody was riled up....felt great...I left off animating on a shot that I am most excited to film, so that I'll be amped to get up in the morning and get something done before work...see, I have ways of tricking myself....reminds me of an episode of Seinfeld where Jerry talks about the two sides of his personality, morning guy and night guy, and how much morning guy hates night guy...:)

5 comments:

herself said...

Woo hoo! (is it annoying everyone when I do that?) Can't help it, I'm exciting to read this post.

(That wasn't an angry cockroach, it musta been the ghost of the Cameraman's Revenge?! yee.)

So delighted to read that you're feeling your animation oats, Jeffery. I agree with you completely and also feel you have grown tremendously with the work you've done. These caps look far far above Pandora in terms of fabrication, lighting, and dimension of story. (and I really dug Pandora!)

Really smart of you to set yourself up for the return to the shoot.

GOGO GOGOGGOOOOOooooo! yay.

Darkstrider said...

Can't wait to see this one uploaded at SMS!

gl. said...

yay, jeffrey! you can do it!

Michael Granberry said...

Awesome, Jeff! I am such a fan!

mefull said...

keep crankin it Jeffery, I can't wait to see the finished product, the stills look real good.

Drew Brees did ok so I hear, one step at a time, I was glad to hear your staduim was back in operation.


A few Woo Hoo's never hurt anyone !

Woo Hoo

Mark