9.22.2006

"Widow" - Filming, Seven Days to Go...

I debated whether or not to post about this, b/c with such a short short I hesitate to reveal too many of my money shots :) but if I don't post about it now, I probably won't post about it at all, so here ya go:

This shot only amounts to about 3 sec of screentime, as the wedding pic burns in the fire....I may reshoot it to prolong it a bit but for now I'm truckin' on...I took a printout of the picture-prop about 1" long, curled it, and attached it to one of the mesh flames in the campfire prop. I got out a little orange and black paint, and a pair of tiny scissors, and for each frame, I painted an outline on the photo, orange first then black, slowly making its way into the center of the photo....I trimmed the excess black area with the scissors, until nothing was left. Then I added another little flame effect on top of the shot in the 'editing room', and in the end it turned out pretty cool, something I'm sure I'll develop more in a future short....

So yeah, three seconds done today, but I'm past halfway, about 40 sec left? The next shots all involve the Pepper-red light, which I'm anticipating problems with....should probably do a test run first...

5 comments:

herself said...

SO proud of you, Jeffery. The secret burn effect sounds really effective and clever. Thanks for spilling it.

You're doing great, woo hoo, seven days seven days seven days.

Darkstrider said...

Heh heh.... fire fire FIIIIIREEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

herself said...

Five five five.

Michael Granberry said...

THAT looks like a cool way to do a burning effect! Can I use it???

Ubatuber said...

Absolutely! I'm sure I didn't invent it :) This effect has me wanting to build a little wooden house to burn down :P