9.07.2006

"Widow" - Mummy Doc

Here's todays progress so far, I plan to keep working til late tonight but needed to take a break, the superglue fumes have me swoony (kidding, Sven :) For Doc's under-foaminess I tried a different approach which I'm loving. I cut the foam into long strips and wrapped it like silken thread on a Strider armature...


Wrapped extra strips where I wanted to build up mass, like the belly...I've decided to go for suspenders, high pants, and rolled-up sleeves instead of a suit, as he should sort of appear in repose in the film.......heh...another StopMoShorts short about waiting :) Funny that my deadline-oriented concepts have an element of time to them...well here he is, ready for the dressing room...


I also sculpted and baked a little Sculpey picture frame, which'll be painted up, and made a little bag o'somethin', undoubtedly some ancient element necessary for resurrecting the dead...



2 comments:

herself said...

Weee, another new post from the Tuber, awesome! Looking good Jeffery! The costume idea sound a better way to go for the character. I'm thinking that more simple stuff made fancy with lighting and atmosphere is a better way to go. More impressionistic (and FASTER).

Darkstrider said...

Looks like the Michelin tire man is on a diet!