9.27.2006

"Widow" - Three Days to Go....

Ok, let's take a look at today's money shot....

Pepper's back and Doc is hesitant at first. He approaches her, reaches up, and cradles her head in his palm. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to animate them into such an intimate pose, so I animated them out of it :) I set up both puppets like in the pic, animated the shot backwards, then reversed it in editing....this is the one that I set up for last night, animating it was difficult because of the closeness of the puppets, and because the only motion (mostly) is in Doc's thumb and Peppers head, so I had to make sure not to move the rest of the parts....gripped them in their off-camera/shadowy spots, like the back-left of Peppers head, or Doc's left arm or tied-down leg....this is also where Doc's orangey campfire light and Pepper's blood red light sort of subtly meet and merge....into an only slightly unpleasant pinkish hue....yeah, this is just after Pepper vomits Peptobismol all over hubby....kidding, I don't really hate it that much :) better luck next time though with combining colored lighting....I continue to look to "The Devil's Backbone" for its brilliant use of blues and ambers....

...getting down to crunch time, I think I'll be able to do the shots I want but technically I could actually end now....I won't though, gotta get it done the way it plays in my head, which I've mostly accomplished here...some scenes could play out a bit longer but I'm trying to keep it moving quickly....may have to cut the sex scene......

(kidding again........ain't I a stinker :)

2 comments:

Darkstrider said...

Well of COURSE you're kidding! I mean come on... you CAN'T cut the sex scene, or what have you got ------

herself said...

Cl-ev-er on the reverse action--I'm stealing that one!

I like the light. Keep going, it's all gonna rock.