9.05.2006

Widow


The September 30 deadline for StopMoShorts is right around the corner and I seem to be suffering from sculptor's block...a faceless armature holds up production...I have a character in mind (DrCesares from Devil's Backbone) but can't seem to nail the look I want in the face...old and sad...I ditched the Conan puppet for this project b/c he is just too short...I need a leading man, not an amateur :) He'll be wearing a little tweedy looking suit and possibly glasses...going to use the campfire lighting, with a few changes as per suggestions here and at the SMA board...forest set, which I've been dressing up with more trees....this will be my first attempt, albeit an ultra-short one, at a tale of gothic romance, about a lonely widow...

4 comments:

herself said...

Yay, fantastic, Jeffery. My advice: throw some clay on there. Just stick some blob up on that nice armature's facial region, make it a big nose. I dare you to start mushing some clay up there and then to report back what happened when you did. Hee hee.

Ubatuber said...

:D Thank you Shell...just that quick I can go to sleep now with some progress and wake up excited to get back to work...I think maybe he needs some facial hair, and slightly less wrinkles...

pic one

pic two

herself said...

Hip hip HOORAY!! Yay for you! That face is perfectly tender old and sad!! Yay!! Stiple his chin with stiff bristles and call him Doc! Woo hoo!

Michael Granberry said...

And just like that...the block becomes a window. Well done, Jeff! Way to cheer, Shelley! It'll be fun to see your work on StopMoShorts...let us know when it's up!