10.19.2006

A Little Landmark

Today marks the one year birthday of my Jenny 1 sculpt. Important because this was the first physical manifestation of the project, the first baby step of my stop-mo journey so to speak. I remember I was working in my bedroom, with a board layed out on the bed and the tv on. My wife had just gone back to work post-Katrina and I was lonely after being together non-stop for two months. As I sculpted, I don't think I even knew what I was going to do with Ms. Greenteeth. I definitely had no idea she would lead me to all of this.....so raise a glass and toast the anniversary of the day Jenny swam out of my brain and openned up a world....

picture dated Oct 19 2:51 pm

7 comments:

Darkstrider said...

Happy Birthday Jenny!!!!

Aw, how sweet! Your wife sent back to work, and you made yourself a little companion! I hope she didn't get jealous......

sven said...

Congratulations! What an astonishing and unexpected year it's been (stopmo & stopmoes-wise)...

I was just looking at my email box... I see that my first contact with Strider was on Dec 14, and my first contact with you was on Dec 30. I guess we've got some further "landmark" anniversaries coming up!

Ubatuber said...

Mike: Nah, she didn't get jealous...not at first....but after that night she caught me making out with Jenny 1 on the couch, now that was something...I'll never do that again while she's home :)

I know Sven, it blows my mind the way we sort of congealed all at once in the beginning. It was that email in which I believe I commended the awesomeness of the Scarlet Letters, that the seed of blogging was planted in me. I started blogging not long after, decided I liked it and would stick with it, then went 'public' toward the end of Feb, which is when I met Mike at SMA...the rest as they say is history :)

herself said...

It's been a great year, Jeffery. Grats. You've been kicking butt on all the stop mo. One day, when your film Jenny is done and seen by an admiring public, and you continue to make more great films all your life, we'll all still be friends looking back at the painful learning curve but fun of progressing together. What'd I say? Nevermind, you know what I mean.

gl. said...

happy birthday, jenny! i love how so much can come from such a small spark.

Ale said...

Now that I think about it, I think most of us (except uncle Mike) are around the first year of stopmo making...(14 months for me I think :P)

Don't be cheap and give jenny an other eye for her birthday ;)

torjanac said...

This is a find!
Wicked stuff, Jeffrey.
(Off to see the rest...)