10.02.2006

MONSTER MONTH!!

Its October......yes, October.....Monster Month is in full swing....today I went to the store, bought my first carving pumpkin, and a little pie pumpkin, and a couple of apples that will hopefully turn out to be nice puppet heads.....Apples you ask? Wanna know more? Darkmatters....

Lemme touch on my goals for this month....1) lots of monster sketches....I'll try to keep up with the daily posting by sketching a few monsters every night and popping them up here...one of these lucky sketches will be sculpted mid-to-late-October (viewer feedback will be taken into account when choosing the 'winner' :), which brings me to my next goal 2) cast a small (7") wire-armatured monster in foam latex (fingers crossed on the learning curve) and then there's 3) finish or at least continue sculpting Jenny 2...realistically she will probably take me into November...I'm dreaming of a foam Jenny this Christmas....but thats too far ahead....I was talking monsters....


Look! Up in the sky! Its a bird! Its a plane! Its a flying hairy eyeball! I have to say, I am leaning towards a flying creature for my first foamy puppet, I've always loved Uncle Ray's 'Jason' harpies, and it would present me with the animational challenge of constant rigging, which I'm ready for I think. Even drawing a monster I end up with a human body :) Expect lots more winged things....

The Many-Toothed Raptor Mummy...looks very Gary Larson/'Far Side' to me....

This one I call..."The Drunken Batman"..... :P not sure where this came from, but I couldn't resist posting it....

EDIT: For some reason I can never add pictures to a post once its posted, but I wanted to share my applehead, I couldn't wait to get one done....here it is...

4 comments:

herself said...

I better sculpt mine fast as it's looking mighty tastey and is the last piece of fruit in the house.

Great monsters, Jeffery. Happy Monster Month!

Darkstrider said...

Heh... that's funny shelley, cause as i was carving my applehead I popped the cut off pieces right into my mouth!

Yeah!!! MONSTER MONTH IS HERE!!!!! OOps... I was supposed to email my monster drawing in by sept 31st, wasn't I? Oh well... better late than never. Coming up soon.

herself said...

Me too! I also ate what came off the pell, skin first, then eye sockets! hee. muhhaha. (scary?)

mefull said...

Damm zombie bloggers, eating apple brains - There Everywhere!

Happy monster month, I thought we had until the 5th or 6th?

Isn't this the kind of assignment that you wait till the last minute then cram?