12.15.2006

Flashback: 1984

I was digging through old photo albums looking for pics to use for the last of my family's portrait-gifts, and I came across this little gem....these albums are so much more important to me now, as Katrina survivors.....I imagine there aren't many photo albums left in the city...
I used to love Gumby......still do, though I haven't seen any in quite some time...I even liked Prickle and Goo and the little dog that said ......'Nope!'...........but the oldies were my favorite....here I am, age 7.......

3 comments:

mefull said...

He was once a little green slab of clay - GUMBY!

Look and see what Gumby can do today.

He can walk into any book with his pony pal Pokey too.

If youv'e got a heart then Gumby's a part of you.

---

Still to this day I have that Gumby song etched into my brain.

I would play with gumby until his little "wire bones' would break and pop through his skin.

Some of those old shows were pretty great - lots of sureal stuff going on in gumby's world.

Darkstrider said...

Hah! Yeah, I had Gumby and Pokey too (and they did get pretty pokey after a while!).

Those shows get really surreal sometimes... almost suspiciously so at times! Makes you wonder what they were smoking....

I recently rented some of the DVDs and was like "wow.... did this stuff seem normal to me as a kid?"

No wonder I'm all messed up now and feel the need to subject the next generation to my own surrealism!

Ale said...

You mentioned 'Goo' which I think I got no idea what it is...

But it reminded me of a clay show I used to watch as a kid (early 90's)...I think it was called 'Mr. Go!' but I'm not sure.
It was a blue dude with a little red dog, and the animation was really cheap hehe. Instead of walking they used to just become a clay ball and roll over the floor.

I still haven't found any pics or videos of that show...and I was wondering, anyone recalls seeing it???

Cheers!