1.24.2007

Jenny Sculpt, Update and Lighting Tests



'Jenny Greenteeth' Lighting/FX Tests on Vimeo

I'm about to get back to work on my Jenny sculpt, the official final clay Jenny which will be molded and cast in foam latex. I've decided to mold/cast only the body, I will use the rubber latex heads that I've been using, or if possible I'll cast a foam version of the head from the original plaster mold for Jenny one, the boobless wonder...in any case, I'll be casting by the end of February, as my foam supply expires around March...today I unbagged her, cleaned her up a bit, got my table all set up, my tools ready to go, and then did a few live-action lighting tests, like I did with the Tree Beast a couple of months ago...I used that most recent painting as a backdrop, its been sitting on the easel untouched until now, and its beautiful here....I'm thinking after seeing this that all of the underwater shots should be 'painterly', with layers of painted backdrops instead of an actual set? Sometimes there are so many options that my mind reels.....how can I possibly test them all out? ugh.....anyway, this test has quite a bit of color manipulation obviously, and the last segment has a few of the water effects I plan to experiment with in post, some bubbles, a shimmery water surface, and wavy effects. I cannot wait to get this old girl movin' :)

The music here is Rachmaninoff's 'Isle of the Dead', one of my favorite classical tracks.

6 comments:

herself said...

So kewl. Love it! She's horrible, like the storm. It's beautiful. This will be wonderful.

Darkstrider said...

Beautifully hideous! Especially dig the processed clip at the end.

jriggity said...

very very nice uba!

the underwater sequence is very cool!

sucessfull experiment indeed.

jriggity

Ubatuber said...

Thanks folks....hideously beautiful, my main mission, my aspiration in art :)

And hey, I finally got a link to you posted, Justin :) Sorry it took me so long...

Sven Bonnichsen said...

I really like the light source moving while Jenny remains essentially still. It simulates the water surface being moved by waves, etc, the angle of refraction undulating.

Groovy!

I can totally see her lurking, just her hair waving back and forth gently, but the shadows on her creeping back and forth... Eee!

Ubatuber said...

Yep, I plan to use my campfire lighting technique, like the reflective light test, for the underwater shots....I wanted to do it here but I was in the groove and didnt want to stop to set up the foil and lights....and thanks, thats excatly how I see it....
Juli said these shots remind her of Gone with the Wind, I think its the waterswept hair....Gone with the Water, ha!