1.26.2007

Mannequin Head



I rescued this mannequin head from a Katrina house that I gutted for a friend of the family, I'm always trying to find spare mannequin parts for movie play, and evetually would like to build a life-size puppet to animate, but thats a tale for another day....hell, decade :)
I have my heart set on turning this 70s looking lassie into a life-size Jenny head, fully armatured for expressive close-up....I actually don't know for sure if I'll need the animateable face, I kind of tend towards the Czech-puppet-static-face style, but I could use it for a shot I have in mind, of a fish wriggling out of Jennys left eye socket....it'd be cool to go extreme closeup on that....anyway, my plan is to sculpt a Jenny face/head on the mannequin, after shaving its fuzzy Michael Myers looking head....then mold it, and cast a foam latex version, which I can cut up and armature onto the mannequin head....not sure exactly how I would cast that, slush? I've got a mask-making site somewhere in my favorites...if I have time I'll sculpt the face in Feb too, so I can use up all of my foam on the Jennys.....

I did a little photoshop test to make sure everything would line up alright, and ended up with this creepy pic......I think its the human eye that weirds me out, or maybe the shackle around her neck....

6 comments:

OfftheShelfProductions said...

Great, Its always great to recycle old bits and bobs for Sets, Puppets, etc. I wonder wether it had a full Body

-Ben

jriggity said...

eeeewwwwww!

freaky deaky~.

jriggity

Hila said...

definitely freaky!
my hart actually skipped a bit when I scrolled down before reading. foof, I love a good Scare.

and some great lighting tests you got there on your previous post. cool.

herself said...

Jeffery, seriously, I think you should keep both, the right eye being human-sized and the neck shackle, in the final Jenny character! It makes her even more horrible and gripping, like a monster broken loose from some kind of attempted control.

Ubatuber said...

Thanks Ben....I dont think she had a body, I found her in the house's attic next to a stack of old make-up and hair magazines, like she was someone's test face :)
Thanks Justin and Hila, and Shelley, I am considering the human eye, instead of an empty eyehole (having the fish wriggle out of her other socket would knock out her StygianWitches' eye and give Nola a minute to run, let everyone think she's going to get away, haha).....its worth testing out once I have a foam Jenny, I'll just dig out a little foam if I have to and pop an eye in to see how it looks...as for the shackle, generally I'm all for subtle bondage imagery but I don't think its right for Jenny....it gives the impression that she is controllable...

herself said...

Ah, yes, I see.