2.17.2007

Frodo King of Bacchus



Frodo King of Bacchus on Vimeo


Mardi Gras season is officially peaking as I write this, parades rolling in several parts of the city. But tonight I rest :) Sunday is Bacchus, one of my favorite parades, with perhaps my favorite float ever (can you say Kong?) which rolls every year. Then Tuesday is Mardi Gras (don't worry, I'll have my camera in tow :P
I know a lot of the country doesn't understand how we can carry on with the yearly celebration while the city is in such disarray, while people are still living in trailers, fighting with insurance companies, and trying to rebuild, and all I can say is that Mardi Gras is a part of who we are, as individuals, as a people, as a culture...without it we're hollow...it'd be like autumn without Halloween...
So in honor of the long weekend, here's a clip from the vaults. Elijah Wood rode as King of Bacchus in 2004.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Thank you for this glimpse iback to the recent past - Beautiful Elijah as Bacchus. Hope you all continue in strength and unity. Regards from a gal across the Pond.

Ubatuber said...

Thanks so much, gal! Glad you enjoyed it....

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for putting this up! I've read the accounts of people who actually met him at the after-party, and they all said he enjoyed himself - but watching your vid, I know he did. And he's said many times that he loves your beautiful city (and it will be the way it was again) and the friendly people who live there. I wish I had been lucky enough to have enjoyed Mardi Gras with him.

Happy Mardi Gras this time around!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! This is the best video I've seen of Elijah as Bacchus! Happy Mardi Gras!

An Elijah fan