2.12.2007

Latex Patchwork

Heres the foamy Jenny with some latex patchwork....While I havent animated this yet, and I'm sure Nick H. will spot the patches from a mile away after the paintjob :), I really am loving the ease of repair. I feel like I can basically resculpt the areas of the face that are missing using the liquid rubber latex, and camouflage with the paintjob...we'll see....here she is all patched up, keep in mind that the only thing I would be using here would be the head....I'll cut away the foam at the top of the neck, remove the torso and neck, clip the armature wire to about 2.5" from the base of the head, and later insert that into a chest block in Jenny 2's body, when done....One concern I have now is the hair...if I go with wrapped wire like last time, I'll need some kind of plate in the top of the head, or holes in the epoxy putty at the top, to anchor the roots solidly without weighing down or bunching up the foam.....
Paintjob coming next, then tests :)


See two rubber latex heads to the left, one is cast as a sort of mask...

EDIT: Here are a couple of pics of the paintjob, she's a bit darker and scarier than the previous incarnation....I've got a couple of new eyes to paint up, then she should make a testy debut in the next couple of days...


3 comments:

Darkstrider said...

Ghoulishly delicious!

Ubatuber said...

....like undead Lucky Charms!

herself said...

I love the latex patch idea, Jeffery. That makes so much sense! Looking great!