3.06.2007

Ready....Set.....


Here are some inspirational images for the next phase of building, the pier and 'shore'....very swampy, very mossy, very bayou....

My pier will be a little closer to the water, the gazebo (tho different from this one) will be gone, cracked off and sunken, part of the underwater set, and there won't be much of a railing, but the shape is right, sort of a wide 'L', maybe a 135 degree angle....

These little doodads are called Cypress knees....this particular breed of Cypress grows in areas that flood or retain water, swampy regions....the knees grow up out of the water as part of the root system, to allow the tree to 'breathe'......removing a Cypress tree's knees is illegal, though it wouldn't actually kill the tree....there will be a few big'uns sprouting up at the entrance of my pier, like spindly hands, forming a sort of gate on either side...

7 comments:

jriggity said...

pretty cool pics man!

rich in inspiration they are..

hhggmmmmma...yes.

my really bad .....written Yoda Inpersonation...


jriggity

Ubatuber said...

Ahhhh Dagoba.....yep yep......the pics look cool now, almost peaceful....I'm sure youre not scared.....but you will be.

YOU WILL BE.....

<{oo}>


:)

Ubatuber said...

I....couldn't resist....

Dagobah Jenny

Darkstrider said...

Whoah - cypress knees! I'm having Southern Comfort flashbacks!

Hey, who's that little figue in the last pic? Is that Jenny? Hard to see.....

Ubatuber said...

I have never seen that....will check it out through netflix if theyve got it :)

Figure? You mean the little 'knee' pic? I dont see a figure.....or do you mean the dagobah pic....cause that one comes up huge on my screen....?

Darkstrider said...

Oh, no, I can see Jenny clearly in the Dagoba pic.... I meant the last pic in your post. I guess it was a knee. Looks a bit like JG though... evil foreshadowing no doubt! It looks like she's holding a little banner of some sort too.....

Darkstrider said...

Southern Comfort was a pretty cool movie.... a bit like Deliverance. After finding that 80's movie site I ended up spending quite a bit of time perusing it... some pretty cool memories there!