4.17.2007

SMS EC The Bed

Aprolympics continues with SMS = Stop Mo Shorts, see the link in my sidebar if you are unfamiliar.....the keywords for June 2007 are chamber, dark, and passion. EC = An Entertaining Comic, a publisher in the 50s which produced controversial classics like Tales From the Crypt, Crime Suspenstories, Vault of Horror...last week a tale came to mind which fit the SMS keywords, and was one of my favorite EC stories as a teen, so I dug it out, discovered it takes place in New Orleans during Mardi Gras, and decided to put Jenny on temporary hold while I make this film. It will be my darkest yet, with a touch of gore. Sets will be fairly minimal, a one-wall bedroom set with bed/window/lamp/mirror, a swampy painted backdrop, and a cafe. My plan for the cafe-- create a table and two chairs, a column and eave, as if the table is on the edge of a patio....behind that, a couple of puppets in costume hanging out....behind them a greenscreen, to be replaced with actual Mardi Gras float footage, which was taken at night so all figures are silhouettes against the brightness of the lit up floats, so it should work out well....The cast features two puppets, man and woman....Im thinking of going foam latex on them, similar to Nick H's Adam and Eve pups, as they will need to show some skin in the final frames....Over the last two days Ive been building the bed....headboard drawn with liquid sculpey on a piece of wax paper, then baked for about 15 mins at 275...matress is a foam covered piece of wood, then covered in a cut up shirt sleeve, an old cotton dress shirt....I cut out a piece of shirt with seam, so I could use the shirts seam for the sheets seam....posts and rails are wooden, there will be curtains on the two remaining sides....

6 comments:

jriggity said...

alll right man!!

....you are movin again...

you have a clear idea....a doable project and a time limit.

Ill be looking forward to your short turnaround Film.....

good Creationizing!!

jriggity

Off the Shelf Productions said...

Ace Bed, A bit concerned, where will you get in for Shooting, maybe splitting the curtains at the front.

Not sure about Gore aswell but ace!

Shelley Noble said...

kewl. that scroll work looks amazing--Liquid Sculpey--who knew.

Wesley Bohannon said...

Sounds very interesting! Can't wait to see...

Wesley.

Ubatuber said...

Thanks Shell, I wouldnt have thought to use it if you hadnt blogged about it recently (the liquid sculpey)...

Ben, the side curtains will be split and all of the filming will be done through there, or over the top...

Justin, thanks for the constant support, brother! I really dont know how you find the time :)

Wesley, welcome to the blog! I hope you stay awhile....

jriggity said...

no problemo man! You site is definately one I get inspiration from.

2 ways I get the time.....

1. I work at a computer with Internet!

Ha!

and 2....I dont sleep ...

jriggity