4.19.2007

SMS EC A Textured Wall

Yesterday I took a piece of foam board, cut out my windows, cut shallow gouges into one side, and spackled it. After 10 minutes or so, once the spackle started to dry a bit, I whacked at it with a paintbrush to texture the wall, making small peaks, some of which were too peaky and had to be squashed after it dried a little more. After Katrina I sheetrock/textured my parents' house, so this was easy. Ive got two washes on the wall so far, the first an iridescent copper (pic 1), the second a crimson (pic 2)....
I also made my cafe tabletop out of liquid sculpey.....made my mirror too, and started on the two armatures for Suzanne and Herbie, my characters....

2 comments:

jriggity said...

daily creations man....

its forming like voltron!

jriggity

Darkstrider said...

Everything is looking fantastic! Love the wall! You need to give it a little close-up time, just to showcase that great texture..... hey, it being an EC type piece, maybe a scene could be done with just shadows cast on the wall? If you pick up an unfrosted bulb (should be able to find them at any store selling light bulbs) you can get good crisp shadows. I'm just sayin'.......