5.11.2007

How I Made My Chairs, or, Herbie Begins


I started work on Herbie. Su still needs a detailed head but Herbert was being neglected. Ive decided not to sculpt the fingers, just the palms.....I'll mold and cast in foam latex, then clip the armature wire and build up liquid latex for the fingers and knuckles.....their hands are tiny and I dont want to spend hours trying to sculpt them....I'm also realizing now, that these pups are even smaller than the 'Widow' couple (what am I thinking?!)....which means I won't be able to use pre-existing pups for the Mardi Gras crowd on the patio......time to re-think.....

I also glued up some tiny Mardi Gras beads, and built the two chairs for the patio....the pics should explain it fairly well......seems like they'll work out!

4 comments:

jriggity said...

Big Post....

lots of cool pictures to vamp out on....

suuuuuucuucccccck the inspiration out of the neck of all your posts man.....

thanks again!

Balaahhh Ballaaahh!!

jriggity

mefull said...

Great idea with the tube chair legs and the pipe cleaner tie downs - I never would have thought of that. Great solution!

mf

handmadeheros said...

wow, ubatuber, i see your name all over the place it seems so i can't believe i've never been to your blog before! took me long enough! my loss, i'm loving your red and iron sets and all the props with the awesome details (and cool chair tie down!) and fun to see su and herb taking shape.

i'll be back!! shel (handmadeheros)

Shelley Noble said...

Let the Bonton Rullay, Man.