5.27.2007

We interrupt this program.....

....yesterday we cleaned out our patio, which hasn't been done since the storm (yikes!).....amidst a pile of empty flower pots and hanging baskets, I came across this rotten little gem, which will be perfect to use as a skeleton for Jenny Greenteeth's sunken gazebo (dome roof)....its large, maybe 18" diameter.....I'll plaster over it in places allowing the thatchwork to show through.......I never thought I'd squeal with glee over a funky little rotten flower pot, but stop-motion changes a person :)


I love the shadow of the aloe plant in the corner (we keep transplanting this thing to larger pots and it just keeps growing, its biggest stalk is about 3 feet long and 3" wide.....we could soothe all the burns in the world with this thing I think :)

7 comments:

gl. said...

very clever, jeffrey!

jriggity said...

I do that same thing all the time.
I find things on the ground and in the cracks.....all over the place that have a new place in this world.

Ha!!! A new home on some future cartoon in jriggitys universe.

jriggity

Sven Bonnichsen said...

Freakadillyishus!

mefull said...

how perfect is that!

Shelley Noble said...

Oooo, scary Jenny tentacles!

pram said...

Is aloe something that could be applied to tongue abrasions? I've had these lesions on the under side of my tongue for months now, and if aloe will soothe them, I'll get some of that stuff.

Oh yeah, and YES! AWESOME idea for a set! I like to walk through a Goodwill and look for things that would make good hills, like flat mixing bowls and stuff. Never know what you'll find in a Goodwill!

Ubatuber said...

I don't think you can use aloe orally, not straight from the plant anyway? Not sure...I have heard of its use in foods so, maybe....it's great for sunburn though :)