6.14.2007

'Only Skin Deep' Update

Painting of the nude Herbert and Suzanne is almost complete. Its been a bit of a nightmare. I botched the seam job on Herbie, tried using my woodburner for the first time to remove the seams, and ended up melting away small grooves in one of his arms (I think the tool was too hot)......now when the arm bends, it wrinkles at each little groove.....ugly as sin, but I may be able to shoot around it or hide it in shadow.....I'm not loving the pups, they've been such a pain in the ass.....needless to say, I start filming tomorrow, yay! The final scenes will be shot, then I'll costume the pups and shoot the beginning.....I might, just *might* be able to finish in time for StopMoShorts, Jun30....if not, I'll keep plugging away, make it as good as I can on my own time, and then share it.....Sorry no pics this time, my camera has been loaned out.....

4 comments:

Shelley Noble said...

Bummer about the pupps, J. Have you tried, you prolly did, filling in the groove with more liquid latex?

OOoo, I know, how about dipping the whole guy into a jar of laytex and hang it to drip dry? There's also a clear plastic flexible spray that you could use with a respirator, outdoors, away from the house, and any animals.

jriggity said...

yes ...lyou can patch that hole right up...

super easy!

propaste is the word.

glad your so close to shooting! i love seein these characters come to life.

jriggity

Sven Bonnichsen said...

Just this morning I was saying to gl... "I dunno if Uba's gonna be able to make the stopmoshorts deadline this month."

...Which I mention not as a vote of no confidence, but rather to let you know that we're thinking about you out here.

If it looks feasible, going the Q&D route and getting the film done by deadline might have some plusses... Once it's July and there's no more deadline, Jenny and Su start being in equal competion for your attention. The guilt of *two* unfinished films could become a pretty big psychological burden, I imagine. Try to work on one, and the other glares at you from the corner.

But then again, with only 16 days left, it might just be too much. So, um, feel the burn -- but don't kill yourself, K?

Darkstrider said...

Uh-oh! Jenny and Su.

Two jealous women........

80