6.09.2007

Seven Random Things About Me

The Fair Lady Lair over at the Scarlet Star has tagged me with a little game.....to share 7 random bits about myself.....so here goes :)

*I credit Joss Whedon with introducing me to my wife. Y'see, we had many common friends, but hadn't ever met, like the moon and the sun orbiting Earth.....until one of those friends started having 'Buffy Night' on Tuesdays.....all of us would meet at her house, watch the newest ep where there was much pasta and hearty grog, many nights of food stupor and delirious giggling.....it didn't take us long to find each other there, my ladybug and I...we had our first date on Christmas Eve Eve 2000, we were living together within a couple of months, and married by '02.

*I originally went to Tulane to be a Veterinarian, planning to take pre-med courses there and then transfer to LSU for vet school. After one semester of college-level pre-med science courses, and a few 'D's, I decided that, while I love animals, it wasn't to be. So I moved to Psychology, studying animal behavior and the human beast, and completed all of my BA requirements within a few semesters. With a couple of years worth of electives left to take, I migrated to the art department, thinking I'd 'kill time'....little did I know, I'd find my calling there.

*I haven't cut my hair since Katrina. Not even a trim. Its down to about the middle of my back now. The summer of the storm, I had cut it short, like regular guy short, for the first time since graduating high school. It felt great, I remember being able to wash my hair with a penny sized glob of shampoo....wow.....its getting hot here and I'm ready for a trim again, ready to shed these heavy, stress-infused, storm damaged and moldy locks :)

*I've never been out of the South. I haven't been farther west than Texas or farther north than North Carolina. We went to Universal Studios/Disneyworld for our honeymoon in '02, that was my last vacation, unless you count the month of evacuation for Katrina in '05.....Its safe to say that my next vacations will be to L.A. and Portland. I was hoping to make it out to Cali for Comicon in July or the Lovecraft Fest in Portland in October, but I dont think either of those trips will happen this year....

*I love to cook. My wife does not, so it works out :) As long as she loves to eat, I'm a happy chef.....my favorite dish is artichoke stuffed chicken with spinach manicotti and a spicy diavolo tomato sauce. MMMMmmmmmmm.........

*I hate seafood. I live in New Orleans. I get a lot of flack. I don't eat fish, or shrimp, or any crustaceans....no clams or oysters or seaweed or sushi.....I just dont like the taste or texture of any of it. Plus, we don't know whats down there, in the deep......eating seafood is like eating shit from space :)

*I love anthologies, Tv shows like Twilight Zone, Tales From the Darkside, Friday the 13th the Series (a haunted antique shop, not Jason), Monsters, Outer Limits, Ray Bradbury Theatre, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Tales From the Crypt.....

OK, now I tag fellow bloggers.....Justin Jriggity and Shel, Michael Granberry, Grant, and if he's out of early retirement ;) Strider.....

3 comments:

Shelley Noble said...

"my favorite dish is artichoke stuffed chicken with spinach manicotti and a spicy diavolo tomato sauce."

I be right ova

gl. said...

mmm, that chicken -does- sound good. :)

i credit joss with almost everything that is good & holy in the world, so now i have another miracle to attribute to him! his birthday is coming up on jun23; you should make it an unofficial anniversary!

jriggity said...

cool stuff man!

I am amazed at the connections Ive made on the internet. And these little bits of information just tighten the picture I have of you.

thanks for sharin. Ill tell shel and well write somthing up.

jriggity