6.06.2007

Stubborn Suzanne

OK, foam run #2 yesterday......after batch #1 gelled in the bowl (see previous post's update), I mixed up a second batch, this time with 12.5 g gelling agent instead of 14, and with 2 minutes cut from the refining time (I added the gelling agent sooner, basically)....and viola, a success......I have to say, it was a complete adrenaline rush, working the second batch into the mold, fighting the clock....I didn't consider the fact that I would be casting two pups at once, which means I had to work twice as fast to fill the mold.....apparently I worked a little too fast because Suzanne, stubborn Suzanne, is now without much of her chest cavity and will unfortunately need to be re-cast (today)......Herbert on the other hand, is ready for seaming....


For the hands, I decided to just lump clay onto the fingers, knowing I would cut away all of the foam to create my liquid latex buildup fingers and knuckles.....that's why Herbie looks like he's got flippers......just in case you're wondering :)

4 comments:

mefull said...

The Puppets look great, it has got to be so exciting to pull these guys out of the mold. Kind of looks like creature from the black Lagoon with all the flashing left on.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Shelley Noble said...

Looking great, Jeffery. I really like your plan to sculpt the hands out of the foam. That's really smart. That way you don't have to create the hands twice and deal with little fiddlily fingers! You are rockin'

Sven Bonnichsen said...

Ooh! So exciting!

jriggity said...

coool!

jriggity