The first Gulf-bound storm of the season churns slowly through the Caribbean today. Most of the projected paths put it at the Mexico/Texas border on Wednesday, but there's not really any way to predict the path this early. I've seen some crazy paths in my day, even some complete 180's. Needless to say, everyone is on edge. My wife says she doesn't want to leave after everything we went through last time. I remind her of what the folks who stayed went through. My big worry is this: the Corps of Engineers has been working to strengthen the levees in and around the most damaged areas, where Katrina tore through. But for miles and miles, that same poorly constructed levee lies waiting, untouched, undamaged for now but probably already weakened from Katrina and just waiting to be swept away. Which leaves us in the same boat we were in before. Evacuation would probably need to happen on Monday, if the path shifts closer to us. In the back of my brain I'm already making the list of things to grab and shove in the truck. Can I evacuate the Jenny 2 sculpt? She'd probably melt in the heat.