8.04.2007

I'm BAAAAAaaaaaaaack!

'Ello, 'ello! I'm back in the fray, dusting off the puppets and set, and ready to roll once again on my short film.....But first, there's a painting on my easel that I haven't shared yet.....those of you who have been reading the blog for awhile know that I occasionally traipse off to work on a painting....a month or so ago I got the bug, but this time had an idea for a series.....started on the first one.....its not completed obviously, don't know when it will be, but it is the first in what I hope to be a series featuring characters from Mythology and folklore mixed into New Orleans landscapes. I plan to shop these around to 'the galleries' when I'm done with a few of them.

Meet the makings of the City Park Bridge Troll...


I left off having some trouble with the size of the reaching arm....

Here's the bridge itself, nestled in the heart of City Park.

And a few yards away, a nice little crop of Cypress knees.....


On the stop-mo front, this week I get back to work on my EC Comic short. I've made a few decisions about it, first and foremost is the inclusion of a little intro/outro....See, what I loved about the Tales From the Crypt HBO series was the sense of humor. I became a fan of the show first, then sought out the comics, reprints first, then originals, my Dad and I hunting through back bins and out-of-state shops, buying anything we could find. As a kid I adored the Crypt Keeper's gruesome little puns, as he introduced each short. He had two partners-in-crime in the comics, the Vault Keeper and the Old Witch, who introduced tales in their own books, Vault of Horror and Haunt of Fear. The story I'm doing has an introduction by the Vault Keeper, and I've decided to include it. I had cut it mostly to save time. I haven't decided if I want to go stop-mo with it or not, but here's the outro panel for your perusal.....includes a few obvious clues as to the horrid ending of the short.....be warned, be spoiled....


**bonus points for use of the word 'dame' :)

4 comments:

Darkstrider said...

Youuuuuuu're BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-aaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

Nice to see you again Jeffrey!!! I was starting to get really stressed and was about to comment under your last post that you should "POST!! POST!! POST!!!"

.... But when I came in to do it, I find you already have!

Cool painting! Yeah, the arm needs a definite fix, but I love the pose and size of the troll.

Sven Bonnichsen said...

Welcome back! Missed you bunches, man.

Hey -- you should totally post what the newspaper said about you & inishmore here on the blog. That was a totally blog-worthy event, which I expect you'd be grateful later to have available online.

May the creative juices flow fierce...

gl. said...

welcome back, jeffrey! the city park bridge troll: eek!

Shelley Noble said...

Whoa, I missed the velocome back par-tay! yay ur bck.

LOVE THE TROLL. Do it do it doit. I love the bridge, gah, what a perfect bridge!


yay.