9.24.2007

INT - Cave

I decided to just go ahead and fabricate the interior of the cave behind the 'entrance wall', even though Herbie will actually crawl through a tunnel to get there. The entrance, in the story, will be situated atop a hill, and he will actually descend into the belly :) of the hill from the entrance at the top, discovering this tiny cavern and pool (the pool in the pic was digitally added).
Stalagmites made of mesh, drizzled with a few layers of rubber latex. The cave itself is plaster, bandages wrapped around an old bowl to get the shape, then I spackled the inside for more texture, primed it black, and cut it in half. Spackled/mossy floor & paint job next, and naked Herbie needs a costume. I'm thinking Darth Indiana Jones.

4 comments:

mefull said...

the cave scene is looking great - nice!

jriggity said...

Dang you move Fast!

nice images....I can see it already.

jriggity

Sven Bonnichsen said...

Excellent!

(And while I'm breaking radio silence... Monster Month begins next week! I'm painting up a storm -- hope to see a few 'tuber creations during October, too. ;-D )

Darkstrider said...

Hey, it'll be Uba-Tober!!!! ;)