10.10.2007

Lilies of the Field


I finished mossin' up the area just outside the cave, which will be a field of white calla lilies....as Herbie approaches the cave, he will trample carelessly on the flora....I've started on my first batch of lilies....I think they're a little large but I've only made about 20, and I'll need about 50, so the next batch will be smaller, for a layered effect...for each flower I twisted up a small square (about 3/4") of white rice paper, dabbed the twisted end in glue, then stuck them to 3" lengths of green floral wire....I'm going to give them a little paintjob, some yellow staining at the base of each flower, also a stamen and paper leaves....

2 comments:

Shelley Noble said...

Cool. On your smaller ones use the thinnest wire you've got for scale. And for added realism, you might want to curl the pointed corner of the lillies around a toothpick after you paint!

Sven Bonnichsen said...

Sweet! I love the appearance of "elegant" elements in a horror story -- adds good contrast. :-)