11.23.2007

Alley Alley Oxen Free


Finished up the floor of the alley alley, more cast brickwork.....will have to touch up the paintjob on the front half....I ran out of plaster and had to cast a couple of pieces in rubber latex (ever pulled rubber latex out of a rubber latex mold? LOTS of mold release and it actually worked well)....anyways, the plaster pieces absorbed a lot more of the paint, so I need to go back over that area....added the door at the back which is a piece of foam core painted to look like a door, with a little bead clasp knocker and a bead knob.....its just sandwiched between the two walls, will slide right out if I should need to get in there and animate...planning on accessing the Herbie pup through the ceiling but it might get a little cramped....I also took Strider's excellent suggestion and tissue-papered up the front panels on the lantern....beautiful when lit....

1 comment:

Darkstrider said...

T=You know what I'm really lovin the most about this? The patched brickwork in the Alley Oop (my little name for it). That's something I love about old city walls, areas where brickwork has been patched and repaired in later times with a totally different kind of brick, or a different material altogether. It gives it a sense of history.