11.20.2007

Handheld Practical Lighting Test

Here's my camcorder exploring the alley set.....The music used is 'Zombie Chase' by Kevin MacLeod, which I'll probably be using for the opening scene...I can see a couple of things right off, the purple window needs a bit more shade, something to block the back light some, and there needs to be more of a glow from the streetlamp, probably a dim light cast on the dumpster and cobbles around it....there will be the occasional passing float, which will illuminate the set from the right....I've still got those last details to add, a door at the end of the alley alley, some hinges and dirt, a sewer lid, some Mardi Gras decorations....Look for this set to be completed by the end of the month, along with the Seaclops sculpt.....that's right, the Return of the Seaclops!! I've promised the finished puppet by Christmas, so I'll be pounding out the last bits of the sculpt over the next week or so....


"Unearthed" - Alley - practical lighting test from Ubatuber on Vimeo.

3 comments:

Darkstrider said...

Cool!

I didn't realize the storm shutters would let light through. Looks like you're still getting some bleedthrough on that purple wall too.... maybe some black paint on the back would block that, or some foil or something.

Here's a thought on the lantern.... I'm not sure what you're planning to do with it, but I think it would look nice with a little diffusion in the visibla panels. Something like tracing paper or tissue paper (or typing paper) I'd leave it off the back so it still casts strong light on the wall.

I'd also put diffusion in the windows. Maybe just a few inches back so it's not right up front.

gl. said...

YEAH!

UbaTuber said...

Great idea about diffusion on the lantern, Mike, I hadn't considered papering the front but I think its necessary...

Thanks gl!