11.07.2007

More Alley Unearthed


The dumpster is made from foam core and stryofoam, with a cardboard top....the styrofoam sheet behind the dumpster will be modelled to look like a brick wall....Su will be murdered between the dumpster and the balcony.....about halfway done with the cobbles...


I'm itchin' to paint but I want to finish the whole strip first....
I'll have to rethink Su's train, its too wide for the set....I'll try trimming it down, and if that doesnt do it, I'll have to search out a thinner material...I've got a bit in the short where Su turns to run from Herbie, he stoops and picks up her train, yanks it, sending her flying backwards and right into his arms....this shot is important to me because it is an echo of a shot I have planned for the Jenny Greenteeth short, and this is all supposed to be practice for Jenny G...

2 comments:

Darkstrider said...

Dayum dude.... you're really raising the bar for setbuilding with this one! Looks seriously fantastic!!! Be sure to coat that cardboard with a few coats of something nice and shiny so it looks like plastic.

You might consider widening the set a bit with an additional strip of cobblestones. I'm guessing the sections are cast plaster? You could cast up two or thee extra sections and maybe cut them in half lengthwise to plase along the front edge of the set. Even if it sticks off the edge of the table that'd be alright - nobody needs to walk there, it's just extra widto to accomodate the train.

Shelley Noble said...

Great little world, Jeffery. So inviting! Bye bye, not for Su tho, huh.