11.04.2007

Unearthed - Tunnel, Hill, & Alley

I been multi-taskin' the Unearthed sets over the last couple of days....

Got goin' on the tunnel, which takes Herbie from the cave entrance to the cave/pool...took a cardboard tube, sliced a section out, brushed a layer of latex on the inside, added a few mesh protuberances...more latex needed and then a paintjob...


Herbie will have to climb to get to the cave entrance....I used a 4' x 2' segment of pegboard, scored it in a couple of places, bent it, added supports (wood and cardboard tubes glued into place on the underside)....I've started dressing Herbie too...



I also got about a third of the way through the alley set, construction-wise anyways...built one doorframe and storm shutters from wood strips, spackled the wall around it, built the stoop n steps from foam board and styrofoam, coated in latex, and hot glued my plaster cobblestone pieces in place, filling in spaces and continuing the pattern with blobs of Das air-dry clay...



The alley will have two other residences on the strip, a balcony, a brick wall, and a dumpster....

5 comments:

Darkstrider said...

Wow, everything's looking great!!!

Like the clothes (they need dirtying up though - lookin a bit Kennish at the moment). Storm shutters eh? It seems Kat(rina) is showing up in this one too. ;)

Shelley Noble said...

Stooping to new levels! Love the set, J!

jriggity said...

dang man!!!

jriggity

G said...

Everything does look great...I love the tunnel design.

Paul (Vortex42) said...

Hey!

Thanks for visiting my site and leaving a comment.

I enjoyed your Widow film very much and am going to spend some time going through your blog entries for that and for the new film.

Halloween bit was great fun!

The sets are looking great... I like the cobbles!