2.05.2008

Happy Mardi Gras!

Today is Fat Tuesday, and all over the city right now parades are preparing to roll. Its been a mostly uneventful carnival season for me as the missus underwent a laproscopic surgical procedure last week and has obviously not been in a parade-going mood, still recovering with stitches across her belly, my poor Lady.



Hulk Hogan, this year's King of Bacchus, showers parade-goers with doubloons at the start of the parade, scanned from the Times Picayune.



Some doubloons from my collection, salvaged from the Katrina wreckage of my parents' house. A few of my faves, William Shatner, King of Bacchus 1987 at the top there....

I have not started filming on Unearthed again yet, I had a couple of last minute ideas to work into the storyboards, but you'll know as soon as filming resumes and the cafe scene comes to life....

7 comments:

Shelley Noble said...

Wishing Lady Roche a speedy and complete recovery!

grant said...

Hope Lady Roche is feeling much better. Thanks for sharing the doubloon pic...I hadn't seen those before.

gl. said...

i had pancakes for dinner today in your honour! if i thought they'd make your wife feel better, i'd send some your way. :)

mefull said...

I hope your wife is back to her good old self and feeling like a million doubloons.

Shatner as King of Bacchus. . . wish I could have seen that. Those doubloons are pretty cool, thanks for the share.

UbaTuber said...

Thanks for all the well-wishes, folks.

Mark, here you go :)

http://www.kreweofbacchus.org/kandt/1987kt.html

Sven Bonnichsen said...

Best wishes for healing Lady Roche and New Orleans during this Mardi Gras. :)

mefull said...

Ahhhhhhhh my eyes!

Shatner looks more like Hamlet than Bacchus :-)

Ah, what do I know, fun to see the lineup of stars you have had over the years.

thanks!