3.12.2008

Unearthed - Cemetery Beginnings


I've carved out two of the reliefs, also got to work on some cemetery set pieces. I made a couple of new wrought ironworks (metallic black fabric paint on plexi), railings for a strip of graves which will be similar to the alley set but smaller....also started on a portion of the cemetery's outer wall.....for this brick, I slathered on the wall patch, let it start to dry, about 2 hours, then pressed my latex 'brick' mold into it, using the mold as a texture stamp.....

4 comments:

gl. said...

ooo, i like that wall! and i'm always impressed with the puff paint trick.

Sven Bonnichsen said...

Exciting progress! It seems like you've really got the fence method down to a science now, too...

Darkstrider said...

Yeah, I like the way each railing has its own unique pattern. You sir are the master of the wrought iron!!!!

Super-worn brickwork!!!!

UbaTuber said...

:D Thanks, yo....

The puffy paint works perfectly but can be a pain in the ass to squeeze out, you've got to have a steady hand, not just in the 'straight line' sense, but also with pressure....I have a hard time maintaining consistent pressure on the tube so I end up with little blobs and whatnot in the paint...as for the pattern, I usually sketch out one or two segments in a sketch book then slide the plexi along as I trace over it....