3.09.2008

Unearthed - Frieze!

I seem to have animator's block...The cafe sets all ready, lighting is set up, but still the puppets just sit there. Waiting for me to do the work, as usual. Why they can't just get up and act themselves is beyond me (I said all the incantations right, I think.....voodoo ain't what it used to be :)
I've been diddling with other set pieces in the meantime....Part of the point of this short is to feature/pay homage to some of the great cliches of gothic horror, particularly literary...there's a treasure, and a ghost, a manuscript, and a secret cave....the works of Arthur Machen, Algernon Blackwood, and of course Lovecraft are especially influential....
Once Herbie opens the manuscript, he follows a map out into the bayou, through a cemetery, through the marshes, to a secret (Faerie) path in the woods...the path leads to a cliff, which he climbs to reach the cave.....as he closes in on the cliff, he begins to see broken bits of ancient architecture lying about, pieces of a frieze which tells some horrific story....yesterday I rolled out some clay and today I start carving my frieze, relief sculpture which I've never tried before....once they're carved I'll make a latex mold and cast plaster pieces....

I also continued mossin' up the cave set....I still need to alginate-mold bits of my Lady to finish the cave, that'll be happening soon....

No comments: