4.15.2008

Unearthed - Cemetery Plot

I'm going to experiment with using cutouts for depth during the cemetery shoot...I photoshopped one of my Lafayette Cemetery photos, removing a piece of concrete tomb sculpture which will be positioned close to the lens when filming, blurred, to give the impression that the camera is peeking from behind another mausoleum...I want it to feel cramped without having to build a dozen set pieces.....I also plan a pan-across shot as Herbie walks through the cemetery, looking for a plot....for the pan I'll create a silhouette cutout of crosses and tombstones to pass by in the foreground.....haven't acually tried any of this yet, but we'll see....

I'm about to start sculpting the guardian statue, she'll stand in the clearing you see below, behind the second wrought iron gate...the brick walls won't be there, just shadows and moss....she marks the start of the path to the cave....gotta paint up the rest of the crypts, add some finishing touches (dead flowers), then I'm done with this set...

1 comment:

Ryan McCulloch said...

cool cool.