4.21.2008

Unearthed - Dressing the Graves


I finished dressing the left half of the cemetery set and started working on the entrance gate, which will connect the two outer walls together....


This gate and outer wall will be set up in front of a greenscreen, which I'll suck out using Sony Vegas' chromakey feature....then I'll layer in a photo backdrop, slightly blurred, of the real Lafayette Cemetery entranceway....I spent a couple of hours photoshopping out the actual gate on the photo I plan to use for the backdrop....here's a little gif...

6 comments:

Shelley Noble said...

wow, Ubes, that's some might fine Shoppin'!

Sven Bonnichsen said...

Ditto. And I'll raise you an "Excellent rust effect on the gate!"

Ryan McCulloch said...

Coooool, it's all coming along really nicely!

jriggity said...

computers can do some Cool stuff!

its coming along nicely man.

jriggity

UbaTuber said...

Shell, thats the magic of the cloning tool, thanks for the props, means a lot coming from the resident PS expert :)
Sven, I've just discovered the joys of Golden Acrylics line of 'liquid acrylics', which are very similar to the acrylics you use already but sort of the fine art version...pricier than the other stuff but they come in a wide variety of beautiful subtle glittery metallics.....I used Micaceous Iron Oxide on the gate (and all of my other 'wrought iron') and then dry brushed a bit of Quinacridone Nickel Azo Gold for the 'rust'...
Ryan & Justin, thanks peeps!

gl. said...

really impressed w/ the gate removal!