4.25.2008

Unearthed - Testing the Spirits

Here's a little test I did tonight, my plan for the ghosts...I shot them in front of a greenscreen then put a chain of effects on them, contrast/chromakey/glow/cookie cutter...also shifted the hue towards the blue in the mid-tones and highlights of the set footage....I love the result, but I forsee a problem.......Herbie.......might be easier to shoot his walk in front of the greenscreen too, maybe even waist-up....if he walks across the actual set, the spirits will layer on top of him unless I string together a complicated series of cookie cutters to remove the ghosts from the 'Herbie' part of the footage....eek...or possibly have the ghosts appear after he's walked by...(either way, he won't see them...blind to many things, Herbie is :)

Back to work on the set.....



Unearthed - Ghost test from Ubatuber on Vimeo.

8 comments:

Darkstrider said...

Wow... shades of Zero! Looks phantaSTICK! I like to test the spirits now and then.... but I digress.

Maybe one or 2 could be in front of him? Foreground, while he's midground. Others could be placed in the composition so he can't walk through them.... upper corner, while he remains in lower half of screen, or something?

Shelley Noble said...

Holy cow! I'm in love with these! This effect is perfectly poetic, Jeffery!

Sven Bonnichsen said...

Ooh... I crave seeing them rise up from the graves...

Ryan McCulloch said...

Rad, makes me think of the Haunted Mansion at Disney Land. I love old-school ghosts:)

UbaTuber said...

Thanks peeps!

Darkstrider said...

Man, I Keep coming back and watching this.... it's really beautiful! Hauntingly beautiful. Sorry, couldn't help it, but seriously, I mean it!

UbaTuber said...

Thanks man, that means a lot to me!

I'm working up a little clip of the actual footage to post on the blog, no fx or nuthin'...

jriggity said...

great effect man!

its really does the job 4 sure.

jriggity