6.10.2008

City Park Troll


I've taken a teeny break from stop-mo...been plugging away at the troll painting...there is a show coming up in Sept, with a submission deadline at the end of July, that I have always wanted to be a part of, a Nola gallery has a "No Dead Artists" show featuring all local work. This year I am going to submit the City Park Troll, and a new woodcut that I've started on (a cemetery scene, natch)....Re:the painting, I've roughed in a new head, better angle I think, and shifted the right arm a bit, will have to repaint the right hand tho, its way too large...finished up the left leg, very happy with that....added more layers to the background....added texture to the foreground, which I thought would add depth but really just looks odd, considering how thin the paint is everywhere else...too late now, I'll fix the issue by adding texture to the near side of the bridge, and by detailing the underbrush in the foreground so the texture isn't so much the star of the area, the focus...I'd say I'm about 80% done...

5 comments:

Shelley Noble said...

Love the forest in the background! How do you do that!? Oh, I know, years of art school. right. Love the way you can see the troll's face reflected in the water! woo.

Ryan McCulloch said...

Wow that's really great!

jriggity said...

great work man.....this painting has really come along way!

cool to see.

jriggity

gl. said...

i hope you make it, uba!

Darkstrider said...

Bridge troll! Bridge troll! Bridge troll!!!

YES!!!!

I agree with Shelley, I really dig the forest in the BG. The stone work is looking groovy too.