6.17.2008

In Case of Emergency, Break Glass...

...striking Pandora's DMV set...

I'm running out of space here, and have also been trying to figure out a way to display some of my stop-mo work. Yesterday I killed two birds with one stone.

Shadowboxes.

I bought a 12x16" silver box for Pandora, a weathered 8x10" wood box for Tree Beast, and a 12x16" black box for Widow. These are relatively inexpensive (Michael's puts them on sale 50% off every couple of weeks, I spent about $30.00 on them). The Pandora box is pretty tight, not deep enough, so her knee is squished against the glass, but its a small price to pay to have her hanging on my living room wall...I cut her set down to fit in all of the important parts, lined the sides with set bits too...for the Tree Beast I printed out a puppetless set plate image and pasted that on as the background, I even hot-glued moss to the 'floor' of the box...Widow isn't done yet...all-in-all they make a very nice presentation, and now they're out where folks can see them...I'm going to burn copies of the films to attach to the backs of each....


6 comments:

Shelley Noble said...

What an awesome idea! They look fantastic, Ub!

Sven Bonnichsen said...

Nice solution. :-)

Gawd I'm such a sucker for non-human foam latex pups... I see the Tree again, and it just makes me want to drop everything and make monsters.

How long til October? ;-)

gl. said...

*claps hands together in glee* yay! what a great idea. i wonder if shadowboxes will appear in sven's studio at some point...

UbaTuber said...

Thanks yous...Svengali, I know what you mean....I'm positively itching to finish the Jenny sculpt/pup but I know if I jump into Greenteeth right now I will never finish Unearthed...been thinking a LOT about Monster Month too, havent decided exactly what Im going to do...daily monsters again? maybe monitor Lurline's hunt for vengeance vs the Tree Beast? (I made the back of his shadowbox removable so's I could pull him out again to use if I decide too :)

jriggity said...

great solution and awesome display of your work.

I might kidnap this idea from you at some point to display some of our 3d work.

jriggity

Ryan McCulloch said...

Very smart and very cool! I should look into that!