8.30.2008

Gustav and Hannah, time to run....


Gustav is getting stronger, at this point on the local news they're saying worse than Katrina, and for once I believe them. Couple that with the development of Tropical Storm Hannah, also headed towards the Gulf, and that equals us getting the fuck out of here. We'll spend tonight packing as much as we can take with us, including the three cats, in my pickup, again. We'll stack the rest of our most treasured belongings (Jenny 2 sculpt anyone?) on top of our entertainment center, fridge, anywhere high up. I'll try to control this compressed feeling in my chest, so I dont give myself an early coronary, and we'll probably head out in the wee hours of the morning.

So this may be my last transmission for awhile. I pray that in a few days I'll be back here, wiping my brow *phew* and trudging along on Unearthed....

Peace out, see ya when I see ya....

5 comments:

gl. said...

once flooded, twice shy. :( i know the cats will hate this, but it can't be that much better for you & your lady. stay safe!

Shelley Noble said...

Stay tight and dry, Ubbie, Lady Roche and cat clan. We'll see you after the storm.

UbaTuber said...

Thanks you two, and everyone else who has sent along well wishes in the last couple of posts.....I'm officially signing off, about to unplug and pack up the 'puter....g'night, see you all soon....I'll update here as soon as I can...

Darkstrider said...

Just saw on the news... enforced evac tomorrow at noon. Yeah, this one sounds serious!! Sorry to hear it, but then it does make me feel better for your safety.

Sorry I missed you before you ducked for cover, but I trust Ill hear from you soon on this channel (or probably email first).

Hope you took along a few good books to tide you over. The Witches of Karres await!

Oh, ooops! Sorry about that 'tide' thing... see, I didn't even intend a pun there! My bad! See ya in a few!

Sven Bonnichsen said...

Watching the weather updates, and wishing you + Lady Roche the best!!