8.07.2008

The Transit Troll

I did not finish the bridge troll painting in time for the No Dead Artists show, but I have other plans for it. Another local "Call to Artists", this time the Arts Council and the Downtown Development District plan to plaster the work of 14 Nola artists on the transit shelters along the streetcar line. I'm submitting the troll for consideration, thing is, the shelters are looong, so I've got to beef up the painting with two more panels, one on the left and one on the right, continuing the landscape and maybe throwing in some other magical creatures as well....depends on how much of a crunch I'm in come Monday.....oh, did I not mention? Deadline: Monday at midnight....y'all keep your fingers crossed for me to get this puppy done, I need lots of happy thoughts and encouragement ;)




I've already started on the far right panel, a bit of the ole Tree Beast in there I think (though not scary....a happy Tree Beast!)...I miscalculated the horizon line, have to shift it up a bit, but you get the idea...

2 comments:

grant said...

go for it uba! hooray for a tree beast reference too!

gl. said...

good luck, uba! you can do it!