8.01.2008

Unearthed - The Angel Beast

More sculpting progress, I'm not completely settled on this face yet, a bit too beasty maybe, though we wont even really see it in the film (their hands will be in front of their faces, like my print and Dr Who's weeping angels)...I plan on sculpey-ing the arms after casting this piece in plaster, I want to avoid a complicated mold, and I want their arms in different poses....with this piece on its own I should be able to do a simple enough rubber latex mold, peel it off, then fill with plaster...the wings will be harvested from a nest of baby sparrows I've been nurturing in my yard....good eatin' come harvestin' time too!...or maybe I'll shop around for something cheap and wingy to recycle, I think K-Mart has their summer patio stuff on clearance and I remember seeing some angels and fairies there...

3 comments:

Darkstrider said...

Awesome!!! Looks like she's distantly related to the Ron Perlman Beast from the Beauty & the Beast TV show with Linda Hamilton.

Darkstrider said...

Hey, was thinking about this...

If the arms are going to be raised to the face, that affects everything about the sculpt, and you'd need to take that into consideration before finalizing this part and making a mold. The raised arms would form a sort of wonderbra if you take my meaning.... affecting the entire geography of the frontal area of the torso. Also notice in your woodcut the way the back is arched to facilitate the gesture.

Might want to go ahead and at least throw on some temp arms to check relationships etc.

Ryan McCulloch said...

Whoa! Very scary! Love her!