9.19.2008

British Invasion - More Telly....

Ive mentioned that the Lady and I are all about Dr. Who, but last week made another UK telly discovery....We've been fans of Simon Pegg/Nick Frost/Edgar Wright for years now, since seeing "Shaun of the Dead" when it was released....."Hot Fuzz", another of our favorites ("If we dont come down hard on these clowns, we're going to be up to our balls in jugglers!" - one of the best lines of 2007)....for all these long years I've been hearing about a show called "Spaced", which featured the trio's debut together (as far as I know)...the series, spanning only 14, 1/2 hour episodes, was released here in July, and I immediately put it at the top of my Netfliz queue, where it sat with a "very long wait" until last week....and wow, was it ever worth the wait....perfectly pop cultural, especially for a child of the eighties like myself, it combines quirky characters with oft-times surreal situations, excellent acting & writing, as expected from the group....throw in wonderful actress Jessica Stevenson (aka Jessica Hynes), who gets top billing with Pegg as writer, and you've got yourself a must-own set.....Go check it out....

2 comments:

Paul (Vortex42) said...

It's probably my favourite sitcom.

UbaTuber said...

Hey Paul, long time no see! Yup, its one of my faves now too...