11.04.2008

British Invasion 2 - The Catherine Tate Show

Let me start by explaining a bit about the viewing habits of the Lady and I....we have a tendency to latch onto certain actors/writers/directors who truly speak to us, usually by making us laugh or by enthralling us with beautiful characters, well performed or well written. Once we are under the spell of said artist, we then seek out everything we can find on that person, gorge ourselves on their work :) We are nothing if not loyal...

Months ago, I worte about Torchwood and Doctor Who....the doctors companion in the fourth series was played fabulously by Catherine Tate....the Lady and I both fell in love with the ginger actress, so when we found out she had a comedic background, in fact had her own sketch comedy show, we were very excited.....in the show, she plays a plethora of zany characters, spewing catchphrases with impeccable timing....of course Netflix has the first 2 series', and we've just seen them....and they are excellent....this woman makes me laugh like a buffoon....I don't know what it is, she just cracks me up....her comedic timing is nothing short of genius....go check her out....


Am I bovvered?

2 comments:

Darkstrider said...

Dude!!!

Amazing discovery! Check this incredible skit on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxB1gB6K-2A

I think I"m in love!!!!

UbaTuber said...

That is an excellent skit! Made me go and dig out my old dusty big book o' Shakespeare to read some of his sonnets :)

The character she plays here, Lauren the obnoxious school girl, is probably my favorite, followed closely by the horny nurse and the cursing granny...its amazing to me how completely she can disappear into these roles...